alfa-digest V7 #282

Ben Dixon, Re: dodgy body shop

Bubbles in paint are a bear to deal with. Chances are if there are some,
there are a bunch. Bad prep job. While this might not seem like a fair
question-what did you pay for the job? My opinion is if the painting
portion of your bill was under $600, bite the bullet. If it was between
$600 and $1800 have them fix the areas that are causing problems. If you
paid over that, make them do a complete re-paint. Being new to the Alfa
Digest and aware if one sounds as if they're a professional and are
advertising, you apparently get sent to Cyberspace Siberia, I'll just say=

that if I were to paint a car I'd make sure it was absolutely, spotlessly=

clean before anything is applied-filler, primer, and paint. To the best o=
my knowledge, none of the cars I might have painted have ever bubbled. I
would also put a year's guarantee on it and fix it immediately.

One problem which can exist is to put a car cover on. It rains, the sun
comes out and bakes (roasts?) the car. This can easily cause bubbles, eve=
if the painter has done everything right.

F. Biba
Irwindale CA  =