1998 Classic Adelaide Rally

I was lucky enough to have a couple of stages go virtually right past my
front door, and was happy to see a sizeable Alfa contingent in the rally.
There was a Montreal, three or four bertone 1750 GTV's and (I think) a 1600
Guilia Sprint.  I have some great photos of these in action, and will be
putting them up on the web soon.  If any of the owners are on the digest and
want copies of the photos, let me know.  Boy oh boy that Montreal sounded
sweet!

There were some other pretty amazing cars in the field too.  Numerous
Porsches, Ferraris, Jags, Aston-Martins, etc...  I think the most memorable
sight for me was seeing an ultra-rare Ferrari 250 GTO powering out of a
tight corner and then absolutely hammering down a straight towards me.  The
sound was indescribable.

I should say for those that dont know, that the Classic Adelaide is only
open to cars built before 1970.  The winner was an 1800 BDA Mk 1 Escort.
Boy did that guy know how to drive!

I'll post again when the photos are available.

Ben
'68 1750 GTV