Re: Rattling Transmission in Spider

Since you just had the clutch done, I'd check the exhaust support bracket
that goes to the tranny. If the bolt(s) at the exhaust end of the bracket
falls out, it will make a helluva racket. The exhaust bracket is bolted
to another bracket via some rubber bushes. Make sure the 2 brackets are
not touching. Lastly, the bracket that bolts to the back of the tranny
should not be touching the tranny support crossmember. These brackets
tend to get bent out of place by wayward rocks in the road, miscreant
mechanics, etc. Having traced vibrations to all 3 of these interfaces, I
can say they bear checking.