Headlight switch / pull steering wheel

Vehicle:

71 Montreal, new to me, just now getting to delve into problems.

Symptoms:

Turn switch for parking lights, all OK.
Turn further for headlights, headlights come on OK, parking lights
(including tail lights) go out.  High beams work OK too (but w/o parking
lights).

Testing so far:

At fuse box, expected voltages at appropriate fuses match the symptoms
(power to parking lights goes off when headlights are turned on).

At light switch contacts, same results as at fuse box.

Three possible diagnosis:

1. Bad switch (stalk headlight switch).
2. Incorrect wiring at fuse box.
3. Incorrect wiring further down line.

I am assuming it is a bad switch.

I did notice there are additional tabs at the fuse block to allow a jumper
from headlight switch side to parking switch side.  A jumper would "make it
work", but increase the current through the stalk switch for the headlights.

Other observation:

Wiring diagram does not show a jumper on the switch side of the fuse block.
A jumper would be dumb.

So if I need a new switch, I am into the "pull the steering wheel game".  I
pulled the shroud off of the column and can see the bolts holding the switch
in place require the wheel to be pulled off.

Removed the large bolt with lock tab.

Is there a special puller or technique for this wheel?  I understand it is
the same wheel used in the 2000 Berlina.

Thanks

Mike

mike_nakamura@domain.elided

End of alfa-digest V7 #276