Re:74 GTV USA Relay

>'Anyone out there in Alfa land with experience on replacing the BOSCH
hard-to-find/pricey Turn Signal - Emergency flasher unit with a USA
standard three or four contact unit?'

Shamefully, I do.  The flasher unit in my 71 GTV either gave up the ghost or
somehow quit working.  I was in a jam and needed turn signals ASAP.  I used a
generic two prong flasher from one of my Brit cars.

The turn signal switch assembly (on my car, at least) has two blue wires and
one black.  The two blue wires go to the left and right turn signals.  The
black wire comes from the flasher.  I pulled a 12V lead from the Bosch unit
and attached it to one prong.  The black wire going up to the switch is
attached to the other prong.

I don't have emergency flashers, but I really don't need them.  After all,
Alfas don't break down;-)

Lawrence Gowin
71 GTV

End of alfa-digest V7 #278