RE: Brake Wear

Sorry Regan but I have to disagree. Forward weight transfer during
braking shifts the majority of weight to the front wheels. This is why
the front brakes are always the strongest. My old Fiat Sports Coupe had
a proportioning valve that was hooked to the rear suspension so that it
would decrease pressure to the rear brakes as the forward dive became
more pronounced and there was less traction, weight, at the rear wheels.
P cars with their tail heavy balance have always been great stoppers
since that pre-weighting limits the effects of the forward transfer.
Trail braking (light braking) going into a corner shifts the weight
forward and increases the turn in. On all my cars its always been the
front brakes that have worn the fastest and I'd have to agree with the
sticking caliper or hand brake theory.

Mitch Wolberg,
69 Duetto Jr.