Re: Gruesome details

Alfisti,
	Here is the e-mail I asked Gordon to forward to the AD regarding
why I was out of commission for two weeks, I didn't see it posted so here
it is, warning, not for the faint of heart!

> So nice to see Regan Copple's by-line back on the Digest.  Hope you are
> recovering well from your bike crash.

>From copple@domain.elided Wed Nov 18 16:15:54 1998
>Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 00:00:54 -0800 (PST)
>From: Regan Dale Copple <copple@domain.elided>
>To: "Gordon C. Hyde" <gohyde@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Tools
>Gordo,

>On  Fri, 6 Nov 1998 Gordon C Hyde wrote:

>>A while back, somebody published a list of 10 essential tools, and I
>>can't find my hard copy nor can I find it in the archives.  Could you
>>re-post please.  Thanks.  And yes, I know, one only needs two tools for
>>an ALFA Romeo, a cell phone and a credit card.  Thanks.

>	Mucho thanks for the info on the roll bars, sorry it took me so
>long to respond, I had a bad bicycle accident two weeks ago that resulted
>in the loss of two fingernails on my right hand, a broken finger on each
>hand, *(I found out much later that the bone on the right hand had been
>shattered and that the left had a triple fracture)* a split lip and five
>stitches, numerous abrasions and avulsions *(an avulsion is when the skin
>is forcibly ripped or torn off)* on both hands and arms, and possibly the
>most painful, my two front teeth.  I can't type very well (both hands are
>splinted in fiber glass casts) so I would appreciate it if you would
>forward the details of my accident to the AD so that all members who have
>not received any e-mails from me in the past two weeks will know why, and
>by way of apology for not being able to respond.
>	About the only thing I didn't lose was my sense of humor, I'll
>demonstrate:
>	Gordo, you need three tools, a cellphone, a triple-A card, AND a
>credit card. =^>
>	I will be fully healed in about three weeks when I get these casts
>off.  My fingernails are already starting to grow back, I got my stitches
>out last Monday, and I got my teeth fixed last Tuesday and Thursday.
>I'll give everyone an update on the 72 Montreal that I'm trying to
>acquire in a little bit, talk to you later.  Ciao!

	So now I'm to the point where I can get around pretty well and I'd
say I'm 55% healed.

						Typing with five fingers,
						Regan Copple
						79 Spider-black
				(coming soon)-->72 Montreal-silver
						73 Montreal-black

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
					-Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy