Alfa V-6 head gaskets

I have never heard of anyone whose head gaskets failed totally and =
catastrophocally ( I have owned V-6 Alfas for ten years). The usual =
problem is that the separate o-ring (on the old multi-piece gaskets ) =
sealing the oil passages from the coolant passages harden with age and =
don't seal. The greatest potential for damage lies in the fact that the =
emulsified oil will reduce the capability of your cooling system and may =
eventuaally plug it! I have dis-mantled a 2.5 V-6 with better than 70K =
miles on a pair of replacement Reinz gaskets and they were absolutely =
perfect in their integrity. So, I guess use Reinz or Goetze and do the =
job yourself - it ain't difficult.=09
Roger