gtv6 steering

Hi,

Joel Hailey mentioned that careful alignment could reduce steering
heaviness in gtv6's.  Not having one but always careful to store
away good advice, I dug up the following post from Peter Krause
from Sun, 11 Dec 1994 18:33.   Hope it helps,

Neil
Aachen Germany

    "      About high steering effort on the manual steering GTV 6,
          tires make a substantial difference, Dunlop D40 M2's make it
          a bitch, Yokohama A509 (now supplanted by the A510, thanks
          Don...)or AVS Intermediates make it beautiful. As tread
          depth lessens, this can have a profound effect on effort.
          My recommendation is to set the caster to 1 1/2
          degrees to 2 degrees positive, stock toe-out and remove the
          steering damper and you'll be all set. Most folks have
          lowered their cars so you'll have to live with some
          premature inside tire wear, other than slightly less
          return-to-center straightline "feel", MUCH easier to drive!
          I've done this on about two dozen GTV 6's and people seem to
          like it... I really would stick with stock tire sizes on the
          V 6, it's just too easy to run into clearance problems and
          it upsets the balance of the car, as most people "over-tire"
          their cars anyway, what do you think, Colin, Don and
          Richard?
                                                 -Il Dottore
                                                 Peter Krause     "