Masers: I'll stick to Alfa! I love them

Will wrote:
>Now, Masers and Ferraris and the like never have been the best choice
>for grocery shopping and the like, but they're good, stout machines,
>and *IF* you can afford to maintain one properly it should last and be
>usable as a fast touring car damn near forever. Sensible equipment
>upgrades - electronic ignition, better lights and tires etc. - can
>also make a lot of older cars work better than they did when new.

Of course you are absolutely correct Will. But that is just what I mean.
"IF" I could afford to properly maintain one. If I ever get the bucks to
actually buy one, I think I will have no more cash left to spend for
maintenance... 8(

I think I'll just stick to good old reliable Alfa's. I think that for the
fraction of the price of one old Maserati, I could get a nice good old
secondhand 80's GTV or Sprint for weekends and maybe racing AND keep my
beloved 33.

Please keep in mind that all of this is pure fantasy of mine, since I have
only just finished Univ. and only started working 2 months ago. Besides I
would have a really hard time giving up my 33. Do other Alfisti out there
have the same bonding-feeling with their Alfa's as I do? Or could you guys
swap cars as easily as you swap socks?

LMK

Max