fishtailing leadsled's

Keith said in ref to the Montreal:
>To quote the late Ray Sharp, "it is a shame they didn't have an Alfetta
>rear end". They were also noted in "Road and Track" for a lot of nose
>dive under brakes.

I seem to recall last year(or was it the year before)  there was some
discussion of Richard Anderson from Queensland grafting a Alfa 6 deDion
into the ass of a Monteal to go in the 'round Australia rally. Presumably
to try better his 10th outright in the V6 75 of a couple of years back. I
think the digest helped him find a donor Alfa 6 in Europe somehere at the
time; the beast not being native down under.

Anyone know where this effort got to?

Also, John H speculated on a much better outcome if the Montreal had been
built on the 116 chassis. Perhaps one of the owners of the handfull of 116
GTV 8's (I've read of 10) built for a German dealer by Autodelta could bear
witness?

Regds

Bill