Air flow Meter

Hi everyone,

Is there any Bosch experts out there?   Please Help!

 My car has been running extremely rich for the past couple of months.
I found that if I tighten the spring in the Air flow meter 3 notches I
can get it to run acceptable but still a bit rich. I used my friend's
gas analyzer to check the readings.

 Over the weekend I did some ohm tests on my air flow meter. btw the car
is a 82 spider. When I checked the air temp sensor in the AFM through
the wiring harness I found low readings, (1400 ohms instead of 2000 to
3000).  When I checked the air temp sensor without the harness hooked up
I got a reading of 2300 ohm, ok I think.

 Now when I checked for  resistance as I moved the flap throughout the
range in the AFM.  I noticed no change in ohms!!  Is this causing my
overly rich condition? I did not think the car could run with a bad AFM
or is there a default setting the ECU falls back on when the AFM goes
bad.   I have changed and checked all other setting and they are fine.
I used the Bosch notes posted on the Oregon's Alfa Web Site as a guide.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in Advance
Ralph DeLauretis
Trenton, NJ