RE: GTV6 Speedo

> The saga continues on my newly aquired GTV6.  This past weekend I took the
> car on her "shakedown cruise" to my parents' house (about 50
> miles.)  I was
> following my wife's van (call it an "external speedometer") and realized
> that my odometer was functioning correctly!  And to my surprise,
> accurately!
>
> I suspect the sender is fine and there is a problem in the speedo head
> itself.  So the $64 question: how does one remove the speedometer from a
> GTV6.  (And since my tach is dead, how does one remove that, too?)

same process for both the speedo and the tach - remove the four screws from
the face of the gauge, and pull it out.  unplug the connector from the rear.

these gauges are famous for having cold solder joints on the internal
circuit boards.  i've repaired more than one by simply resoldering suspect
connections.

good luck,

bs