There's gotta be an easier way...

Changing the oil on my Milano this weekend, I noticed (well, remembered)
how tough it was for me to get the danged oil filter out/in. It didn't help
that the headers were too hot (drove too far to my changing place, will
pick a closer one next time) and I had to use a towel to keep from frying
myself. Still, *is* there a better way to get the filter out? I got it out
by snaking it past the A/C compressor, then grunting & wedging it past the
freon & coolant hoses.

Never thought anything would make my spider's engine compartment look
roomy, but SHEESH!

Scott Johnson