Re: 164 LS Automatic Transmission / Electrical Mystery Update

All:
An update FYI.  On October 29th I wrote the below.  Good news, the
transmission is fine. The automatic transmission is electronically
controlled. Suspected was a wiring problem and last week the portion of my
wiring harness that had shorted was replaced.  I'm told its almost back to
normal, tho the dash indicator only switches to indicate sport or automatic
mode when the transmission is in park or neutral (I'm not sure which maybe
both).

Am hoping to get the car back sometimes next week as there are a few minor
other problems that have to be worked on now the car is running and
shifting.

I will give a full report of the location and cause of the short when I get
full details on the exact portion of the wiring harness that got pierced
and caused the short.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett