Re: Engine weghts

John Hertzman mentioned that the weight numbers can't mean much unless
we know what is attached. I whole heartedly agree so I tried to decipher
more info from these papers (for anyone who might be interested).
First, let me say that these papers, among a great deal of others, were
given to me by Lee Midgley. Unfortunatly, Lee has since passed away so I
can't confer with him for clarificaton.
Anyway, The papers make mention of using lightweight components from the
GTA parts catalog (i.e. starter, generator etc.) for racing. Also
flywheel and fan lightening is mentioned. This may account for some of
the weight differences in "race trim" vs std.
There are engineering drawings included in these papers which give
dimensions for the components of the various engines mentioned.
The drawings show the engines as being complete (ready to run) including
motor mts, fan and flywheel, starter, generator, oil filter etc.
So, there it is. This is the best I can decipher these papers at this
point. How accurate is this info? Who knows. I guess it won't be to
difficult to verify. I hope this clears up some questions and raise some
more and that I can avoid seppuku for another day.
Anthony Licalzi
Hemet, Calif

<bgsound src="http://www1.minn.net/~garmo/WP2snds/imbenett.wav";>