Re: alfa-digest V7 #254

Joel Hailey wrote:

> Don't feel bad-neither did Road and Track who, in their first road
> test of the Milano,
> criticized Alfa Romeo for not putting a glovebox in the Milano
>
> Joel

And, for what it's worth, not only was the glove box missed in the
Milano, it was missed in the 164.  The nationally syndicated automotive
column that appeared in the Clarion Ledger (Jackson, MS newspaper)
sometime in fall '90 highlighted the 164 (full page article). One of the
faults listed was the lack of a glove box.  There was a letter from
ARDONA and a retraction in the next weeks paper (all very civil, btw -
"Mechanic's Corner", I think).  The writer of the article was Bob
Sikorsky.  I've still got the article folded and tucked away in an old
copy of Alfa Owner, around here somewhere.

In comparison with the glove box in the milano, I thought the one in the
164 was very easy to find.

Rodney
McComb, MS