Starting

Last year I installed a starter relay in my Alfetta as part of a fix for a
"HOT NO START" problem. The relay also included a switch for the cold start
solenoid,,,,sort of a bypass. The problem went away for a long time but has
returned very intermittently. Now and then, say after 3o minutes in traffic
, if I shut the car off and wait a minute it simply clicks and no
start.Regardless of the switch(coldstart) position it will not start. 10 or
20 minutes later it starts right up. The battery and solenoid are new and
the starter bench tested good. Any one have any ideas?? I am using a 30 amp
relay and it is a Bosch. Just a little annoyance on an other wise pleasant
car.
Thomas Baumen