Safe Alfas

- --0__=bwErHbpLOEWGkbULa12ncSXvMHw2VsOMAByBQIE9KZbNzryEz8t0i4wF

Fortunately this didn't happen to me, but I saw it:

At an AROC UK test session at Mallory Park circuit last summer one rather
'enthusiastic' driver got his 75 ts all wrong coming out of Gerards (a long
sweeping 180
- --0__=bwErHbpLOEWGkbULa12ncSXvMHw2VsOMAByBQIE9KZbNzryEz8t0i4wF

=B0 right-hander) and hit the barrier head first at over 80 mph
(130 kph). After all the gasps had died down and the now considerably
shortened car had spun back across the track, the door open and the dri=
ver
jumped out. The front end was completely absent, windscreen shattered a=
nd
the force had bent the rails right back so that the boot was completely=

skewiff. This was a completely satandard car with no cage, harnesses et=
and the driver escaped without a scratch. As far as I know all doors st=
ill
opened too. A rather comforting thought for all us 75/Milano owners...W=
all make mistakes.

Phew

John

1988 75 ts (uncrashed)
1980 Alfasud Ti (at start of minor restoration)
=

- --0__=bwErHbpLOEWGkbULa12ncSXvMHw2VsOMAByBQIE9KZbNzryEz8t0i4wF--