Conrero at the parts-bin

In AD7-250 Eric Harrison comments on the 1953 Conrero "Supersonica"
which Luc Colemont asked about in AD7-233. I had given a quick response in
234, and a further off-digest note to Luc Colemont when I learned a bit more.
Eric Harrison refers to it as "based on the 1900 chassis", which might stand
clarification. While the engine is an ironblock Alfa 4 (2000 according to de
Boer, 1900 according to Sgarzi) the swing-axle rear suspension and transaxle
is Lancia Aurelia (according to Sgarzi, and the photos confirm) while the
front suspension is largely Fiat 1400 (again, according to Sgarzi).The frame
is large tubes, and it seems hardly fair to blame much on the 1900.

The new body was by Koren, "uno stilista norvegese" according to Sgarzi; KOREN
(disegno Michelotti?) according to de Boer. My impression from the book is
that Conrero was probably more noteworthy as an engine tuner than as a chassis
builder.

John H.