Advance Weight Springs

I found an old Marelli S103B distributor in my parts cache last week and
noticed that there are two different kinds of springs controlling the
advance weights. One of the springs looks "beefier" than the other. Does
anyone have any idea if this is (was) a stock configuration? I have no
idea where the distributor came from or how it got into my "collection".
My Spider has a Marelli S103BA distributor and the advance springs appear
to be identical. The look like the weaker of the two springs in the
S103B.

I seem to recall that someone was offering after market spring sets for
the Marelli distributor back in the late 70's that were supposed to
enhance the advance at some part of the range. Does anyone remember such
a modification?

Tom Muccino
Amherst, NH
(603)672.0763

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

End of alfa-digest V7 #250