Platinum Transaxle

Does anyone know if there is an external way to identify a Milano Platinum
transaxle?  I am considering buying a cheap Platinum to drive for the winter.
The thing that makes it worthwhile is that I have been looking for a Platinum
transaxle to replace the Verde unit in my GTV/6 3.0 track car.  If I but the
Platinum, I could swap transaxles.  The reason I'm concerned is that the
transaxle in the car in question looks like it has been out of the car
recently - it is MUCH cleaner than anything else under the car.  If it's not
the correct tranny the car is not worthwhile for me, but if it is it's a great
deal.  Is there any way to tell whether this is the 4:10 limited slip unit?
Is there a part number or serial number that is an indicator?

Any advice is appreciated!

- -Tarik
'84 GTV/6 3.0 "Christina"