RE: SPIDER BOOSTER

(to all alfisti: sorry about the length of this message, but seeing
the requests i've generated already for this info, i think that
the majority of you might be interested.)

general info:  spider's tend to blow their brake boosters when
the brake master cylinder goes bad.  it'll leak fluid INTO the
booster & may not be apparent, as the booster can hold as much
as a quart of fluid. (that's how much came out of mine! damn dpo!)

anyway, if you have to refresh your spider's brake fluid often, check & find
the leak! don't mess around with waiting to replace the brake mc, as you'll
just ruin your brake booster.  new mc is about $100 us, new booster is $320
us.

i'm certain this applies to other alfa's as well, but not sure, as i just
own a spider ;)

MIKE:

i'm experencing the same problems, replacing the booster in my 86 spider.
the brief info i've discovered is that you'll have to replace or rebuild
your
booster. how do you rebuild it? i don't know. where do you get a kit?
don't know that either. but there is a place that'll rebuild it for you: