164 brakes

Someone posted a question about 164 brakes acting up in hot weather and
frequent stops.  My 1991 164 base model has 102K miles and just started the
same thing, brakes staying partially locked after stopping.  What I found
was
the flex lines to 3 of the calipers had collapsed internally and prevented
brake fluid from returning to the MC.  All four hoses are now new and the
problem is gone.  If anything different comes up, I will post.

Many brake problems people experience may be due to bad flex hoses.  They
all
deteriorate in time and since the cost is quite reasonable, make it a habit
to replace them every five years or 100K miles, whichever comes first.  Bad
brakes can cost you your life, don't take chances.  Skimp on other things if
you must but not on brakes.

Fred Di Matteo  AROC Tech Advisor