$10K restoration

Bob Brady asked, in 238, for a breakdown of the numbers on Michael Williams'
quote of a $10K restoration, and Michael obliged. Turns out he was not talking
about a $10K restoration, but an $8K paint-job, on top of $2K bodywork.

A paint job is a paint job, I thought. A restoration is upholstery, carpets,
top, rechroming, and refurbishing anything which has been defurbished, down to
pedal pads and dirty exhaust systems, wiring harness, corroded radiator cap,
warped tachometer needle, anachronistic sound system, fuzzy-dice removal,
anything which might cost a tenth of a point in a club concours. Which I don't
enter, but that is beside the point.

I'm not arguing for or against restoration, just for calling a spade a bloody
shovel. But I'm glad, again, that I live in a low-rent neighborhood.

Cheers,

John H.