164 Surging fix

Hi All,
Forgot to report on this during the 164 surging discussion, a fix that
almost eliminated the surging on my car is as follows; replace all the
single use factory hose clamps on the plenum to airbox hose's auxiliary
connections with regular screw style hose clamps - six in all, I
believe, four about an inch in diameter and two a little bigger.
Made a surprising difference on my car, the old clamps look better but
after seven years the hoses need something tighter to keep the leaks at
bay.  I still have a little surging but only when the engine is cold.

Jay Reddy - Austin TX
'65 Giulia Spider Veloce - no surge
'91 164 S - cold surge