Milano Clutch Failure, Part 6

During the weekend I had written in regards to reassembling my clutch:
> I can't get the fork to slide on.
> Does anyone have any advise on overcoming this problem and getting the
clutch fork on?

I found the errors of my ways.  Turns out I had forgotten to install the
washer under the pivot bolt when I reinstalled it.  It made all the
difference.  The fork slipped  right on after adding it back in.  What a
pain though.

Just when I thought I had it all back together bad luck strikes again.
I was to the point of bleeding the clutch when I snapped off the bleeder
screw on the clutch slave cylinder.  I had soaked it for a couple of
hours but either I was to impatient or the sucker was too far corroded
in place.  To remove the cylinder I had to remove it's mounting bracket
and press it out.  I'll order a new one tomorrow since I had bad luck in
trying to drill out the old bleeder.

By the way I installed a rebuilt power steering rank during this clutch
down time.  I had no problems, just plan on many hours, 10+.  Only
comments are that removing the drivers side exhaust manifold, and
loosing the drivers side engine mount to jack up the drivers side of the
engine are mandatory.  Also, be sure to have a supply of right angle,
open end wrenches, very handy.

The saga continues (hopefully not much more to it).
Stay away snow, the Triumph won't be able to handle to much of it, if it
comes.  Living on borrowed time when it comes to the weather.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum