'63 Spider for sale in SE Michigan....

Digest,
I got an "ad" over e-mail and it turned out to be a guy here at
Ford selling a Spider.  I figure I can be nice, and try to help
him- it's pretty likely that my wife an I will look at the car
this weekend if you want a second opinion.

Doug Smith (dsmith91@domain.elided) wrote:

"Hi Eric,

 Thanks for your interest in my alfa.

 I have decided to sell my spider.  It seems that I just don't have
 the time to restore it and I will be moving to Colorado at the end
 of the year and would like to find it a new home before I go.
 It is in my garage in Canton.  It would be easier to go over its
 condition on the phone, but here is the short summary.  It is a
 1963 Giulia normal with approx. 18K original miles.  Overall it
 is in good shape for its age, but shows signs of setting for all
 these years and needs to be restored.  It is complete, including
 floor mats, trunk mat and I have the operators manual, as well.  I
 bought it in upstate NY from the nephew of the guy who purchased it
 in 1964 with 1K miles.  I bought it in 1989 and it has been in my
 garage ever since.

 The gas is old and I have not started it in 3 years.  The body shows
 no signs of outer body rust.  The undercarrage also looks real good.
 It was undercoated at one time and there is rust in the trunk floor
 and on the rear bumper.  It also appears that the front nose was changed
 at one time.  They did a fairly good job.  Also, the brakes are out,
 it has the triple shoe front drums.

 Dean Russell took a look at it and might be a good one to ask about
 its condition and possible value.  Based on my discussion with him,
 I am asking $3500, but would consider other offers.

 I'd like to find a nice home for it.

 By the way, for your info, the model is a 10123 AR 373417.

 Thanks,
 Doug

 Douglas E. Smith"

There you have it.  Standard disclaimers apply, no finacial yadda yadda...
Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI