ALFA ROMEO TROPHAEUM CLUB

Dear Friends,

I recently acquired a medallion/car badge that I'm hoping someone can help me identify.

The item is round, about 3 1/2 inches in diameter, and consists of a flat brass plate with a smaller
cloissonne "Alfa - Romeo  Milano" badge in the center.  On the plate, around the outside of the cloissonne
badge, it reads TROPHAEUM CLUB around the top, and ALFA ROMEO around the bottom.  On the back there are two
internally threaded studs.  It looks like that might have been attached to something like a plaque or
trophy, etc.  It could have been a car badge/grille badge, but seems somewhat unlikely as it has no
weathering and would be slightly large for a car badge.  Also, on the back the words BREGANZIO MILANO are
embossed, probably indicating the manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this item or anything about an Alfa Romeo Trophaeum Club?  TIA.

Cheers, Reid