re: Cam settings

<< The "Alfa Bible" states that I can get a little
      performance gain by increasing the overlap on my cams so that the
      marks insted of lining up are a little slanted towards the center of
      the engine BUT they don't say how much (how many holes). Does this
      result in any appreciable gain.  >>

>You can advance the intake cams up to 5 holes and retard the exhaust by one
>hole, max.  My 75 Spider is set up like this, and yes you can tell a
>difference.  Even with SPICA.  You can also toy with the SPICA pump timing.

	Get the AROC SPICA manual for there is a section in there on how to
set your stock cams by the year of your car.  And there is tons of other
great info in there on the SPICA system.  AROC sells the manual for around
$20.

"Is dis a system???"  Mr. Natural

Bruce Giller
Takoma 'Radiation-Free-Zone and Finally ReUnited' Park, Md
'73 Alfa GTV 2000
'86 Alfa Spider
'72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado