Alarm Systems

>Could anyone tell if it is possible to increase the range of my remote
alarm. I have to go right up the drivers door and press it to activate, any
further back and it won't >work. It always works first time, I've changed
the batteries but to no effect. The car is a 94 3.0 164 and the alarm is the
original factory Alfa alarm.

If it is the optical infrared style like the North American models were for
'94 and '95, the short answer is "no", unlesss you replace it with an
aftermarket system. With fresh batteries, I have to be very close to the
side windows and aim at the rear-view mirror area where the receiver is.

The GOOD news is that this is a much more secure system against hacking or
accidental setting/unsetting. On my wife's Honda, I have accidentally
touched the alarm button while inside my house, and the damn thing unlocked
itself in the driveway...I like the Alfa system, though it is a little
inconvenient at times.

Karl
Sunnyvale, CA