Re: Spider car covers

Ed asked:

"Has anyone found a nice custom fit car cover for their Spider that is
not made by CoverCraft.  The last one I got was from them and was too
tight.[...]  My last one was made of tyvek and I was pretty happy with the fabric."

The problem with the Covercraft custom covers is that they seem to use
the same last for spoiler-equipped spiders as for the spoiler-free variety.
This makes the covers tight on the 80s cars (with the top up - they fit fine with the top down!).  Some materials stretch enough to
make this acceptable, but the Tyvek you had has no 'give.'

I doubt you'll find custom Tyvek *not* made on this last, and frankly think
you'll have the same problem with  other companies too - it is a lot to expect
a cover company to have different covers for different years of a car as rare as the Spider.

Your best bet would be to get a custom cover from a stretchier fabric, or
a generic cover and sew or glue in some tucks to make it tight.

- - David R.