Re: APE Directions (correction)

From: Alan Lambert <gerard@domain.elided>

>Depending on where in Santa Clara, either take 280 "around the corner" to
>where it becomes 880, or take 237 east to 880. Then go north to Winton
>(at the northern end of Hayward) then take Winton east to the fifth
>stoplight Clawiter, the left to the first right hand turn National, and
>about 1 block east to APE. 1-510-782-5800. They're open from 9 to 5.

A couple of corrections here. I'm posting them publicly for the benefit
of anyone unfamiliar to the area who might be saving these for reference
on a trip out.

First off, 280 doesn't become 880, it becomes 680. 280 crosses over 880
about five miles before that (which is where 880 morphs into California
SR 17).

Second, 280 is the wrong end of town to start from. Most of Santa Clara
is bunched along 101, so my preference (to avoid the 237/880 parking lot at
all costs) is to go north on 101 to the San Mateo bridge. Cross the bridge
(that's the free direction) and take the either the Clawiter or Industrial
Blvd off ramp and head north (left). It doesn't matter which one since the
two merge just before National, but the traffic moves better on Industrial.