Re: 164 Wheel Wobble

Alan Lambert wrote:-

'If the wheels were noticeably out of true or round, some installer would
have noticed--none did. The onset is also a bit odd--accelerate to 60 or
slightly over, and all is fine--back off, and the shimmying starts, and
feels exactly like out of balance wheels---accelerate again, and the
shaking diminishes (but doesn't entirely go away.)

Where do I look?--CV joints? I doesn't know what next to do!'

Know exactly what you mean Alan mine is similar but reverse acting ie.,
shimmys more with power on!

Just changed the shocker - no difference - goes in for new discs (rotors)
tomorrow - maybe they'll do the trick?

Cheers

        Graham

94 164 24V Super (LS)