re: Lartigue

>a particularly marvelous one where Lartigue was panning at just half the rate
>the racer's motion required, so all the spectators and telegraph poles are
>leaning left at just the same angle that the racer, departing stage right, is
>leaning right. The focal-plane shutter is a wonderful instrument, when eyes
>and instincts like his govern.

While in school pursuing a degree in photography I borrowed one of the
schools antique focal-plane 4x5 cameras, rigged up a polaroid film back to
it (all the unique 4x5 holders were missing) and attempted to recreate that
photo with some friends and a 72 GTV (the same one shown on my website for
sale). I got one fairly decent version out of it. I'll have to dig it out,
scan it and put it on my site I guess. The photo by Lartigue is one of the
best motorsport photos ever.

Michael Williams
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto
84 GTV-6 (soon to have engine transplant)
73 Berlina (FOR SALE  see my web page)

http://www.rcip.com/michael