New Alfa 156 for sale in TN

I'm posting this for Brett, he has been having problems posting to both the
Italian car digest and the Alfa digest:

A guy called me yesterday and said he had a
brand new Alfa Romeo 156 V6 that he is going
to import.  He said it will be here in about
a month and that He wants to resale it (to me
if I want it).  The price would compare with
a nice 3 series BMW or Audi A4, maybe
slightly higher.  This guy has found a way to
get the cars in fairly easy and he just sold
a 97 GTV to someone.  I have doubts that it
would be a good purchase knowing how much
stuff my 164 needed when it was still new,
little things that would make owning a new
car not much fun without a dealer nearby.

What do you guys think.

Brett Melancon
Freeman Melancon Bryant Advertising
Knoxville, Tennessee

'91 Alfa Romeo 164S (hauler)
'91 Nissan Pathfinder (family hauler)
'81 Fiat X1/9 (English RHD version in USA)

Thanks as always.