RE: Help: Front and Rear Track

> I have yet another question! (surprise, surprise)
> I have recently bought a set of 15" alloy mags, complete with near new
> Yoko A509 205/60/15 tyres.
> My problem is such: The mags have different offsets (presumably for
> front/rear?) and also a pair of spacers. By placing the spacers on the
> rear set, I get a 'meaner' look, but what does this do to
> performance/safety/handling? Should the front have a longer track,
> shorter or be equal to the rear? What are the standard track settings?

the offset on the alfetta should be the same, front and rear.  i'd suspect
that the spacers are intended to equalize the offset on the mismatched set
of wheel's you've got.

of course, the car could be intended as a circle track racer, in which case
you'd want one offset on one side and the other offset on the other side. ;)

later,

bs