Alfetta, 75, 90 etc

In AD218 Ross writes;

>I have read with interest the comments on the sequence of the 75/90/164.
>Having owned an Alfetta GTV, Giulietta, 75 and now a 164, I would agree
that
>first three are a direct sequence with only the body style to make the
>difference.

Body style difference and chassis dimensions.
Deleting the 164 and including the Alfetta sedan there are at least two
wheelbases, possibly three in the above list. The GTVs is shorter than the
sedan, as is the Giulietta, shorter by the same amount? I would only guess
so. Wheelbase for the 75?
The mysterious Giulietta may have the platform of the GTV with a family size
body. It also hit the market with smaller dia wheels.

>The 90 was aimed as luxury version,
>that's why it came with an automatic option and the 75 was the "sports"
>version.

Thats what I thought until I saw an auto 75, for sale in Perth right now.

Regards, Lee. Perth W.Australia.

End of alfa-digest V7 #220