Alfa 75/90/164

I have read with interest the comments on the sequence of the 75/90/164.
Having owned an Alfetta GTV, Guilietta, 75 and now a 164, I would agree that
first three are a direct sequence with only the body style to make the
difference (I used the same service manual for all of them). The 90 and 75
are just variants of the same platform. The 90 was aimed as luxury version,
that's why it came with an automatic option and the 75 was the "sports"
version.
As for the 164 it has nothing in common with its rear wheel drive
predecessors, except for the V6 of course, I would not like to think of it
having anything to do with the Alfa 6, although the Alfa 6 was designed for
the "BIG" Alfa market.
The Guilietta was a small version of the Alfetta sedan, although I can not
imagine why they bothered.

Cheers

Ross Smith
'89 164 3.0