Milano Clutch Failure - Part 4

Well, I finally got everything apart and am waiting for the new clutch
fork pivot bolt to show up.  Maybe I didn't have to do it but I did pull
the clutch to get free access to the pivot bolt.  This turned into a
little project of its own since I couldn't get the shift linkage off the
gear shift shaft.  I drove the split pin out, but the linkage wouldn't
budge.  Good thing my father in law has a machine shop in his garage.  I
made up a puller to pull off the linkage and it worked like a charm.

I couldn't free up the pivot bolt with a long nosed vice grip.  I ended
up filing two flats on the wide portion of the bolt remains and used an
18 mm wrench to remove it.

One question I do have, is it possible to replace the front seal on my
transmission while I have the front open?  I may be getting a little
leakage here.  I'm guessing I have to remove the gearbox cover but I
thought I'd ask.

As if I need more work to do I had ordered a rebuilt power steering rack
prior to my clutch going out.  I'm installing this at the same time.  I
pulled the old one today.  No real problems, just a lot of time.  One
flat at a time removing the four bolts holding it to the frame.  I
removed the left exhaust manifold and unbolted the drivers side engine
mount to raise the engine.  I'm not looking forward to trying to
reconnect everything.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano