milano driveshaft adventures

hi,
	here is my milano driveshaft saga. i tried like hell to balance it with
hose clamps, that didnt work out well at all.  after finally getting fed up
with the vobration, i pulled it and sent it to a driveshaft shop who is
highly regarded. he told me know problem, he's seen em before. i bring it
to him and he say he doesnt think he has the tooling to chuck it up.
anyway, 35.00 later, he tells me it perfectly straight and the joints are
good. thanks for nothing. i take it to a guy near me who balances stuff for
military/ industrial applications. he looks at it and say he'll give it a
shot. i pulled off the front centering bearing, to give him a place to
chuck it up. he did it with the hanger bearing in place.
	here's what he told me. he said it appears that alfa balances the shaft as
an assembly, the two pieces bolted together, then balanced. he did each
shaft separately, balancing each shaft to a  neutral balance. he then put
it together and check it as an assembly. he said one shaft was pretty close
on its own and one was way out. i think being balanced the way he did it,
it wouldnt matter if i took the shaft and now put the two pieces together
un- indexed, though i decline to put that to the test. the bottom line is
the car has never felt better, it's as smooth as buttermilk.  he said he
never did one before, but would now do more if asked.it was 100.00.  its
J&S precision balancing, bohemia NY . i dont have the # on hand, i'm home.
being that he has some experience with it, i would think he could do a bit
better on the price, maybe 80.00 or so. its a cool place, they were
balancing helicopter shafts, mirrors for optics, and all sorts of
stuff.anything from a gram to 1500 lbs, the card says.

have fun,
Mike Hooker