164 Low Revs

Hello all,

I've just started experiencing some really odd problems with my 3 litre
164 and would be grateful if anyone has any ideas. Basically the engine
is running very unevenly at low (about 1100) revs, particularly if I push
the throttle down quickly. It eventually cuts out on it's own if left to tick
over for any length of time. I don't think it's an engine problem as such as
at high revs it's fine, but assume it's down to either timing or maybe a
leak somewhere in the air intake, affecting the mixture. Can anyone help
?
Thanks in advance

Kieron