164 headlights

In my last car  (Nissan Pulsar) and in my 164 I have always used Hella
130/90 Watt bulbs. I have had no problems with overheating or melted plastic
etc. Mind you the climate here is pretty cool and I would never have my
lights on high beam for much more than 10 minutes

Since the 164 uses both high and low beam relays as standard you can just do
a direct replacement although if you really want the best from these bulbs
you need to replace the wiring with something with a decent cross section
(4mm)

I did this in my Nissan as I had to put in a 4 pole contactor for the 4 High
Beams I had. Only problem is you can get dazzled by those big green
reflective motorway signs

So why did Alfa put the low beam relays directly behind the head lights
(Good) and the high beam ones behind the instrument cluster (duh)

Matthew Dooher
89 164
Dunedin, New Zealand
Phone 	+64 3 479-7968