Re: Re: Milano VIN (bis) (bis)

John Katos writes "My 1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Platinum VIN last seven digits
are 1026166. It is an Alfa, sounds like an Alfa, drives like an Alfa, is NOT a
Volvo, is NOT a Honda. :-)"

My own alleged 1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Platinum is 1026474, 308 higher than
John Katos'.

Going from the other end, mine is ZARDA1368H, while all Milani in the book
start with ZAR161160 or ZAR162B30.

The book does distinguish between V-6 75s, V-6 75s destined for Switzerland,
Austria, Germany and Sweden, and Milanos. And my prior number check included
the non-V6s, from the 1.6 through the Turbodiesel

Such are the limits of scholarship and/or publication. The d'Amico-Tabucchi
book is excellent, always interesting, and often correct. I am glad I have it,
despite innumerable quibbles.

Would we were all perfect-

John H.