Alfetta starting problems

Regarding Paul Irvines Alfetta starting problems, years ago I had a
similar problem with a GTV-6, although it did not matter if the engine
was cold or not, rebuilt the starter two times !! before I found that
the main positive lead to the starter motor had broken half way down its
length, although leaving the insulation intact which meant that visually
the lead looked OK. Next time it doesn't start by pass this lead with
another to check, otherwise check your engine earth lead.
Best of luck
Adam Coombe, IoW UK
83 GTV-6
83 Sud Green Cloverleaf