Strange Alfa Sighting

     We have just returned from a trip to Germany and the UK. While in
     Germany we came across an Alfa under test. It was partially disguised
     but in appearance it was the front half of a 156 mated to a FIAT
     BRAVA. (BRAVA from the windscreen rearwards) It also had a 156
     interior and 156 wheels.

     Could the car be acting as a mule for some suspension or engine
     modifications or is there a 156 hatchback or revised FIAT BRAVA on
     the way ? Has anyone any thoughts ?

     We took a couple of photos but have no prints yet.

     We also had a look at the new 166 at the British Motor show. The new
     car looks great inside and out. I know these show cars get a lot of
     abuse at shows but I did notice that some bits of trim had broken off.
     I hope this is not a bad omen for the future.

     John

     Dublin

End of alfa-digest V7 #206