Re: One Lap on the Cali coast...

On a cross-country drive, I wouldn't begrudge anyone a cup-holder. Bill is
right to get misty eyed after a drive on the PCH. I've done it many times.
If you think it's fun in a Milano, try it in a Giulietta Spider. I did the
SF to LA run on a motorcycle once on HWY 1, froze my a** off. It took a
crowbar to pry the grin off my face, tho. Recently, I drove PCH down to
San Simeon in another car. It was still fun, except for the massive road
work at Big Sur. Pity they can't keep the road from falling into the
ocean periodically...

Nowadays, HWY 1 seems to have more Winnebagos and sport utes than sports
cars. It's tough to get around. The motorcycles still tear it up pretty
well. ;=)