Misc 164 problems

As my 164 gets older and longer in the tooth, a few problems are emerging.  I
was hoping someone on the list has had similar problems and can offer advice.
Aside from the normal problems (eating engine mounts, clicking stepper motors,
weeping power steering rack, etc...) there are a number of other problems I'm
finding harder to solve:

1. Upon starting the engine, the red coolant temperature light flashes
occasionally, though the temperature shows only 40C.  As soon as the car warms
up to over 60C, the problem disappears.

2. My ventilation system wheezes/whistles, but the problem disappears when I am
braking.  Are these two systems interconnected in any way?!?!?

3. I seem to have a very slow voltage leak, despite having replaced both the
battery and alternator.  Car is fine to be left for up to five days, but after
that it won't start.  As I said, the battery and alternator are new (and have
both been verified as working properly and being appropriate for the car).  Any
guesses/typical spots to start with?

Many thanks!

Matthew J. Clement
matt@domain.elided