84 Spider Windshield

My windshield (recently cracked) has the antenna.  My local glass shop
said it was no longer available with the antenna.  They want just shy of
$300 to install one w/o the antenna.  IAP lists the glass w/ ant. for
$398 :-(
I think aftermarket antennas which are kind of like strips of tape are
sold.  Anyone with any experience with this?
I'm also considering installing a power ant. in the trunk as on an '88 I
once had.
Or, I would like to find an affordable window with the ant. as came on
the car.
Any comments welcome.

Thanks,
Rodney G. Tidwell