Road rage (no Alfa content, but funny)

People send me all manner of things. Some of them are relevant; some
are funny. With all of the recent talk about road rage, this seems to
be both. Enjoy.

WHAT A TRAFFIC JAM!
Submitted by Laura Jones

The other day I went into the local religious book store, where I saw
a "honk if you love Jesus" bumper sticker. I bought it and put it on
the back bumper >of my car, and I'm really glad I did. What an
uplifting experience followed!

I was stopped at a light at a busy intersection, just lost in thoughts
of the >Lord, and I didn't notice that the light had changed. That
bumper sticker really worked! I found lots of people who loved Jesus.

Why, the guy behind me started to honk like crazy. He must really love
the >Lord because pretty soon, he leaned out his window and yelled
"Jesus Christ" as loud as he could. It was like a football game, with
his shouting, "Go Jesus Christ Go."

Everyone else started honking, too, so I leaned out my window and
waved and smiled to all those loving people. There must have been a
guy from Florida back there because I could hear him yelling something
about a "sunny beach," and I saw him waving in a funny way with his
middle finger stuck up in the air. I asked
my two kids what that meant, they squirmed, looked at each other,
giggled and told me that it was the Hawaiian good luck sign, so I
leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back.

Several cars behind, a very nice large man stepped out of his car and
yelled something. I couldn't hear him very well, but it sounded like
"mother trucker" or mother from there. Maybe he was from Florida too.
He must really love the Lord.

A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that
they got out of their cars and were walking toward me. I bet they
wanted to pray, but just then I noticed the light had changed to
yellow, and I stepped on the gas.  And a good thing I did, because I
was the only driver to get across the intersection.

I looked back at them standing there.  I leaned way out the window,
gave them a big smile and held up the Hawaiian good luck sign and I
drove away.

Praise the Lord for such wonderful people.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot. Obligatory cup-holder content:

If you turn your roll of duct tape onto its side, it's about the right
size to double as a cup holder for drink-cans and some types of coffee
cups.

g.
Gary Stark              74 Alfa Spider
gstark@domain.elided  87 Alfa Milan (truncated)
http://redbacksWeb.com  91 Mercedes 190E
Up over in Dallas from down under in Sydney.